Videos About HIV/AIDS Stigma and DiscriminationThese videos discuss the problem of stigma and discrimination and their relationship to HIV/AIDS. This includes issues such as stigmatization of discrimination against individuals who have HIV/AIDS, groups such as gay men and intravenous drug users, and so on.
Public Service Announcements
- EndHIVStigma.ca: Hi Queer (30s)
- EndHIVStigma.ca: Drug Addicted (30s)
- AIDES: Coworkers with HIV Pose No Threat(36s)
The Dance -
exclusion and alienation because of HIV AIDS
Abstract experimental piece from BarakatTV showing the stigma and alienation that people with HIV/AIDS encounter using the metaphor of a dance with one person excluded.
A Plastic Plate- Gay person with HIVAids in an Arab culture (8m 12s)
Profile of a gay, HIV positive Egyptian man experiencing stigma at a family dinner where he is provided a plastic plate and everyone else is provided a china plate.
Video about HIV/AIDS stigma by South African youth of MADaboutART.
- Cass Mann discusses HIV Stigma (8:05): Stream or Download
- Phil Johnson, M.D. on The Problem of HIV Stigma (2 min): Stream or Download
- Danny West discusses HIV/AIDS Travel Restrictions: Can You Get a Visa? (1:23): Stream or Download
- Danny West discusses how HIV Raises Society's Taboos (1:13): Stream or Download