Free HIV/AIDS Videos in Many Languages
We prevent the spread of HIV and help those affected by making HIV/AIDS prevention education videos in many languages available for free. You can stream the videos from YouTube or download higher quality versions from the Internet Archive under the Creative Commons "Attribution - Non-Commercial - No Derivatives" license.
Want a DVD? Order HIV/AIDS DVDs with your credit card. NGOs in the developing world that cannot afford to purchase a DVD can apply for free HIV/AIDS DVDs while supplies last! All our DVDs are freely copiable. You can also sign up to know when new videos or DVDs become available.
You can help fight HIV! Follow AIDSvideos on Twitter.
on Facebook. Subscribe to the AIDSvideos YouTube
channel. Join the AIDSvideos.org
monthly email list. Volunteer
to translate scripts into your own language. Make a tax-deductible
donation to Global Lifeworks, which is a 501(c)(3)
not-for-profit, to support script translation and filming.
- Introduction to HIV and AIDS: What
Need to Know (17 min): Stream or Download
Critical basic information about HIV, how it spreads, and how to protect yourself and others.
- A Brief Introduction
to HIV and AIDS: What You Need to Know (8 min): Stream
Shorter version focusing on the most critical information.
- Preventing Sexual
Transmission of HIV: What You Need to Know (6 min
Brief message explaining how to avoid contracting or transmission of HIV through sexual contact.
- Preventing the Spread
of HIV Through Injection Drug Use (3 min 36s): Stream or
Brief message for injection drug users about how to avoid contracting HIV.
- HIV Prevention for
Who Have Sex With Men (MSM) (4 min): Stream or
Brief message for MSM about how to avoid contracting HIV.
- Some Ways You Can Contract HIV and
Their Risks (11 min 14 sec): Stream
Learn the risk of HIV transmission for needle sharing and various sexual practices.
- Did I Just Contract HIV? Symptoms of Primary HIV Infection (4 min 49 sec): Stream or Download
- Do I Have AIDS? Symptoms of AIDS (6
If you experience the symptoms of primary HIV infection or AIDS, see your doctor and request immediate HIV testing.
(13 min 59 sec): Stream
What are false positives, false negatives, and the window period? How accurate are the tests? When will I know whether I'm HIV negative for sure? Can I be tested for free without giving my name? If I'm HIV+, does that mean I'm going to die?
HIV Test (10 min 2
Why you should take an HIV test now or the next time you visit the doctor.
- What's the Risk That I Have Contracted HIV?
There's only one way to know for sure: get tested!
- Why EVERY Person Should Be Tested for
HIV When They Visit the Doctor (5 min): Stream
US Centers for Disease Control recommend that all people age 13-64 be tested for HIV when they visit the doctor.
- Top Ten Myths About HIV/AIDS (8
55 sec): Stream or Download
Ten common myths about HIV/AIDS debunked.
- Ten More Myths About HIV/AIDS (12 min): Stream or Download
- Crystal Methamphetamine and HIV: The
Connection (8 min 30 sec): Stream or Download
Use of crystal methamphetamine is leading to risky sexual behavor and contributing to the spread of HIV.
- Is HIV a Death Sentence? (5 min): Stream
Avoid contracting HIV if you're HIV-, but don't despair if you're HIV+.
- Prevention for Positives (8
30 sec): Stream or Download
How HIV positive people can help prevent the further spread of HIV.
- Better Adherence for a Better Life (10
Why it's so important for HIV positive people to take their antiretroviral medications (ARVs) at the prescribed dosages on the prescribed schedules.
- Ending Gender Inequality: A Key to
Stopping HIV (8 min): Stream or Download
Gender inequality is a key driver in the spread of HIV. Ending it is a key to stopping the spread of HIV.
- Beyond ABC: Newer Approaches to
Preventing HIV/AIDS (9 min 20 sec): Stream
Discusses SAVE and DEF models and the use of male circumcision.
- Pregnant HIV positive mothers can reduce the risk that their child will contract HIV. These videos discuss techniques appropriate for developed countries where antiretroviral medications, formula, and clean water are readily available and for developing nations where they often are not.
- Preventing Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV (14 min): Stream
- I Have HIV. Can I Have Children and Keep My Partner Safer? (4 min 12 sec): Stream or Download
- I'm Over Fifty. Do I Need to Worry About
(7 min): Stream
Older people have many of the same risk factors, yet both they and their doctors often underestimate their risk.
- new! Do I Have Syphilis? Signs and Symptoms of Syphilis
(8 min): Stream
- new! Do I Have Chlamydia? Signs and Symptoms of Chlamydia
(8 min): Stream
- new! Do I Have Gonorrhea? Signs and Symptoms of Gonorrhea
(7 min): Stream
- Good hygiene is important to prevent people with weakened immune systems (such as those with HIV and AIDS) from contracting secondary infections from caregivers and others. These videos discuss basic hygiene techniques.
From his HIV diagnosis in 1985 until his death from cancer in April of 2009, Cass Mann was one of the world's longest-term HIV-positive diagnosed gay men. He founded the UK's only gay men's HIV/AIDS charity Positively Healthy, which provided HIV services including education, support, and peer counseling. In this series of intervews Cass shared his thoughts on many of the social, cultural, and psychological issues related to HIV/AIDS.
- A Gay Man Speaks Out on HIV and Sex Today (16:50): Stream or Download
- A Gay Man Speaks Out on Partying, Party and Club Drugs, and HIV (8:31): Stream or Download
- Is it an Open Relationship or an Open Grave? (4:17): Stream or Download
- A Gay Man Speaks Out: Is Oral Sex Safe Sex? (4:54): Stream or Download
- Sexual Alternatives: Can We Have Sex With NO Risk of HIV Transmission? (6:54): Stream or Download
- Avoid the Unconscious Lifestyle! Wake Up! (7:21): Stream or Download
- The Cult of Youth in the Gay Community: Is There Life After 40? (5:10): Stream or Download
- How Internet Sex-on-Demand Contributes to the Spread of HIV (3:33): Stream or Download
- How Circuit Parties Contribute to the Spread of HIV (3:36): Stream or Download
- Back Rooms and Dark Rooms: HIV Lurks Within! (4:01): Stream or Download
- Bug Chasing: Is It Real? (3:39): Stream or Download
- AIDS Dementia: A Good Reason to Stay HIV Negative! (6:46): Stream or Download
- "If I Test HIV Positive, I'm Going to Commit Suicide!" (Don't!) (10:03): Stream or Download
- HIV Stigma (8:05): Stream or Download
- Keeping Healthy While HIV Positive (11:14): Stream or Download
- Disclosure of HIV Status: Would You Rather Risk a Rejection or a Criminal Prosecution? (7:57): Stream or Download
- Now That We Have Antiretroviral Drugs (ARV or HAART), Does HIV Still Matter? (4:17): Stream or Download
- The Mission and History of Positively Healthy, an HIV Not-for-Profit Charity (6:21): Stream or Download
Danny West is a trainer, coach, and leadership consultant who has been living with HIV for the past 24 years. He remains healthy today. In these interviews he shares his thoughts on building a new life after an HIV+ diagnosis.
- My Journey With HIV/AIDS (7:10): Stream or Download
- Things to Think About Before Being Tested for HIV (3:12): Stream or Download
- HIV Raises Society's Taboos (1:13): Stream or Download
- How Antiretroviral Medications (ARVs) Keep Me Healthy (1:29): Stream or Download
- Managing Antiretroviral (ARV) Side Effects (2:00): Stream or Download
- Even in the Age of ARVs, HIV/AIDS Still Matters (2:11): Stream or Download
- Providing Leadership in the Fight Against HIV (2:17): Stream or Download
- Ways to Get Involved in the Fight Against HIV (2:11): Stream or Download
- Coaching People Living with HIV (2:21): Stream or Download
- Living Positively with HIV and Keeping Yourself Healthy (2:27): Stream or Download
- Why I Do HIV/AIDS Prevention Education (1:08): Stream or Download
- HIV/AIDS Travel Restrictions: Can You Get a Visa? (1:23): Stream or Download
- HIV/AIDS in the United Kingdom (1:33): Stream or Download
- HIV Basics: Prevention, Testing, Treatment, and Adherence (30 min 30 sec): Stream or Download
- The Importance of Maintaining Good Health to Fight HIV Infection (3 min 10 sec): Stream or Download
- The Importance of
(6 min 42 sec): Stream
- How Other STDs Increase
the Risk of HIV
Transmission (2 min): Stream
- Condoms, Testing,
Monogamy, and Honesty
(2 min 40 sec): Stream
- HIV/AIDS Prevention
Efforts Around the
World (6 min 30 sec): Stream
- Injection Drug Use and
(4 min 28 sec): Stream
- HIV/AIDS in the
- How Friends and Family
Support HIV and
AIDS Patients (1 min 32 sec): Stream
- Abstinence, Fidelity,
Cultural Issues, and
Cultural Change (6 min 15 sec): Stream
- The Problem of HIV
(2 min): Stream
- History of the
of AIDS and Its
Evolution Over Time (5 min 26 sec): Stream
- Challenges in Antiretroviral Therapy (8 min 47 sec): Stream or Download
- What Life Factors
Contribute to Contracting and Transmitting HIV? (6
- What Prevents Patients
Taking ARVs as Prescribed? (3 min 40 sec) Stream
- "DON'T" PSA (30
"Uses stark white text on a black background to grab the user's attention with a series of paradoxical, ridiculous statements, then finishes with a conventional HIV/AIDS awareness message.
Other Notable Prevention Education Videos
AcknowledgmentsWe would like to thank TubeMogul for permitting AIDSvideos.org to use their service for efficiently syndicating videos to dozens of online video sharing sites.