Some ways to help: Translate, Film, Edit, and Submit videos!
Volunteer to Translate Scripts Into Other Languages!Our mission at AIDSvideos.org is to make scientifically and medically accurate HIV/AIDS prevention education scripts available for free online in all the world's languages. To do that, we need your help!
We welcome volunteers to help do any or all of the following things:
- translate the scripts into other languages
- film someone speaking the translated
scripts into a video camera and
- edit the captured speech into a finished video
- create a YouTube closed caption file for one of our existing videos
Volunteering to do any part of the process helps even if you can't do
all of the steps! For example:
- if you're willing to translate the script but uncomfortable about
speaking on camera, go ahead and translate the script and email it to
us. We'll find
someone to speak it into the camera and then
we'll edit it into a finished
- if you're willing to translate the script and speak it into a camera but don't know how to edit video, just go ahead and translate the script, speak it into the camera, and mail us the tape and we'll edit it into a finished video!
- if you can do it all, go ahead, submit your video to YouTube or another video sharing service, and we'll link to your finished video!
To learn more:
- Read our list of the English scripts that are available for translation into other languages
- If you're wondering which script you should you translate first, click here!
- See the list of languages we're currently translating English HIV/AIDS scripts into.
To get started translating:
- Print out the Global Lifeworks AIDSvideos.org project translator legal release. Fill in all the blanks, including your name at the top, initialing both pages, and printing your name, signing it, and dating it in the signature block. Return it to us by mailing it to Eric Krock, P.O. Box 1142, Mountain View, CA, 94042-1142, or by faxing it to USA + (888) 803-9495. If you're outside the U.S., feel free to scan the signed document and email it to contact.us@AIDSvideos.org.
- Create an account for yourself on the AIDSvideos.org wiki so you can view its pages.
- Go to the wiki page for your language.
- Choose a script that no one is already translating. Edit the wiki page and assign the script to yourself.
- Translate the script.
- Have another native speaker of your language review the translation for accuracy.
- Email the finished translation to contact.us@AIDSvideos.org.
- Sign up to translate another script if you want to!